Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Undo Button

I like the undo button on my computer. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have undo buttons on life? So I was thinking, if I could have a life undo button, what would I undo?

Lets play with the idea. Here's a partial list:

1. undo sassing my 8th grade English teacher
2. undo quitting. Yes, I would quit quitting.
3. undo drinking orange juice in Cuba, New Mexico that gave me food poising
4. undo not listening to more stories from my grandmother
5. undo not excepting invitations to the park
6. undo every time I didn't do my best
7. undo not getting my grandmother's brown sugar cookie recipe.
8. undo every time I was a coward

So, this begs the question, how can I live the rest of my life so I don't need an undo button?

1. Be honest with myself
2. Listen to what others have to say
3. Invest in the people in my life
4. Be brave enough to change
5. If something is worth my time, it deserves my best effort
6. Be gracious enough to tell others what I appreciate about them
7. Be generous with kindness
8. Try something new

No comments:

Post a Comment