Saturday, October 16, 2010

It is the people in you life that matter.

I just spent an amazing long weekend in South Florida with old and new friends.  After this weekend, I can promise you that it isn’t the place you at or what is going on in your life, it is the people in your life that matter the most.

My high school friend Charlotte planned this event for us and she did an amazing job.  It was both relaxing and totally fun.  How she managed to blend so much fun and so much down time so we could just chill is amazing to me, but, then Charlotte rocks.

It was our 50th birthday bash with a bunch of friends from high school.  Yeah, we are all turning 50.  What better place to celebrate than on the beach with each other. .  . right?

We all stayed in the same hotel which was right on Hollywood Beach and the staff at the hotel was wonderful.  I felt so pampered.  And it was nice all of us being in the same place.  We ate together, and played together.

There were so many fun things that happened.  We went on a pub crawl one evening where we just walked the boardwalk and stopped in at the local venues.  Pubs, shops, ice cream, sand, music. . .  all up and down the boardwark.  It was wonderful.

Then there was a catamaran trip that was breathtaking from beginning to end.  The crew on the ship spoiled us rotten, and the views and sun and ocean spray just took away every stress and reminded me of how amazing this world is.  It was so fun to watch everyone play and relax.

I was only in Ft Lauderdale for 4 days, but I already miss my friends, and the new friends I met there.  I hope to go back soon. 

It was so nice to be reminded of my roots from these friends from 30 years back.  The people in you life matter the most.  Everything else is just noise.  

Invest in the people.  

Hugs to you all. 


2 comments:

  1. Liked your writings! It's funny how we get older and the relationships are what we treasure most..... not the gadgets and toys. -mcc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree, Mr/Ms Anonymous. It is always the people that matter most. The rest is just noise.

    ReplyDelete