Thursday, June 6, 2013

Which Lane? And Why is There no Center??



The other day I was in some minor traffic in a school zone.  The person in front of me insisted on going 15mph instead of the posted 20mph.  But I acquiesced figured they had a reason.  However, their reasoning, whatever it was, left me ‘stuck’ behind  several other cars which lead me to follow another person who was going 30mph in a 45mph on a small curvy road that had no passing lanes.  So, again, I figure they had their reasons and let off the gas to slow down to not crowd them.  Which lead me to an intersection, that they got feely thru,  with me waiting again for another group of folks.  Many who were turning onto the road I was on, but didn’t have their blinkers so how could I know, and I waited.
 
Anyway, I made it home safe and sound.  But I wonder sometimes.  Did God put these people in my path to keep me from some horrible accident? Was I in the wrong lane somehow? Did He want me to learn patience or tolerance?   Was I being a jerk?  Or was it just normal life. 
 
That person in line in front of us who needs a price check, who’s card doesn’t work, or they forget they have to swipe it.. . .they leave you wondering ‘why doesn’t he get this???’  Well, until it happens to us when we are the ones when things don’t work right.  When we notice that someone is on our tailgate and we don’t know why.

So, you all get a pass from me.  I get you.  I am you.  Sorry if it was me behind you today.  I’m still figuring out which is  the center lane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment