Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Visiting Jessica

Today Kent and I are heading on a 3 week adventure to South Africa and Namibia to visit our daughter Jessica. She is serving in the Peace Corp is Khorixas Namibia and has been there over a year. She teaches in the school and runs the library among other duties as necessary. Here's a link to her blog: http://jessicalynnroyer.blogspot.com/.



We land in South Africa 30 hours after leaving Oregon. I have a few books to read that were suggested by a good friend, plus my journal and iPod to keep me company on the flight. We meet Jessica in Capetown on Saturday morning SA time (10 hours ahead of PCT). Our full itinerary is posted in my FB notes, so feel free to look there for more details.


Know that we won't be available online much, but will try to update and post pics as we go whenever we can. Whenever those times arise and we are on a real connected computer, know that we can see e-mail so please feel free to send e-mail via FB or one of our regular home addresses.


Thank you to Daniel for flying home from New Hampshire to house and dog sit for us. It makes leaving our home behind so much easier. Thanks to my friends at work who are covering for me - John, Julie, Carol, Michael, Kenyon and Fred. Oh, and thanks to Dr. Schindell for getting me the correct meds to clear this cough. AND thank you all for the prayers.


Well, there's not much time before we head for the airport. I better go pack my toothbrush.

See you all at the end of the month.

Hugs
,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment