Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happiness this week


I had such a wonderful week. Just thought I'd share some of the things that made me happy this week:

1. I noticed that my workout coat is the same color pink as the dogwood blossoms. Sweet.

2. Watching the tips of Lucy’s ears flip when we walk. It’s like they are waving hello to everything.

3. Singing in church. Nice.

4. Talking to an old friend on the phone this week. That just blessed me all over.

5. Pretty pink nail polish. It’s just so girly. It made me smile.

6. Having a friend come to dinner and asking if I would make my BBQ Meatballs. What a compliment! So I made a double batch.

7. Checking off the longest training run before the marathon. I enjoyed accomplishing that.

8. Hearing my best friend laugh. We have way too much fun. No, we have just the right amount of fun and we laugh a lot.

9. Smelling freshly mowed grass. Ahhh.... I love that smell. Makes we want to play softball.

10. Laughing at myself when I realized I was singing along to my Ipod while wearing earbuds. That was funny.

There are hundreds of other things like the views of Mt. Jefferson and Mary's Peak, the multitude of daffodils, watching Lucy nap, the buds on the trees, the sounds of the birds on the trail yesterday, the color of the birds, listening to my favorite song, mastering a logic problem, a great cup of tea. It's so awesome being surrounded by joy and blessing and happiness. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment