Saturday, April 11, 2009

Come walk with me


Most people seem to think that training for a marathon is difficult. It really isn’t. It’s just a matter of dedication. You have to want it. Do you want to know what the worse part of training and competing in a marathon is? It’s swollen fingers. Yep, that’s right. Your hands are moving back forth rapidly and the fingers fill up with blood. It can actually be quite painful especially if you have had an injury to a finger lately. In the first marathon I did, around mile 12, people were running or walking with their hands in the air. It looked like we were all surrendering. It was pretty funny.


So I want to share with you some of the reasons why I do marathons.


1. There’s the goal thing. You know setting/achieving a goal – blah blah sense of accomplishment. Okay, that one’s out of the way.

2. Then there is the fitness benefit. For me that means way cuter clothes and I love cute clothes. So there you go, now you know the real reason I am a marathoner.

3. There’s the fact that your brain goes into this idle mode. . . down time for my brain - essential. So those are some of the reasons I like training.


Now here's what keeps me going back out on the road:
Screaming yellow flowers

character in the sky
views of snow dusted mountains
smell of freshly mowed grass
old fences that stretch along the path
gnarly branches
the way the tops of trees touch the sky
animals like baby cows, perfectly blue birds, old lazy horses, nervous deer, dogs that bark hello to me
other pavement pounders out putting mileage on their shoes who wave a greeting.

Enjoy the pics from my training session today. Just a small sampling but enough to give you a taste.

If you are ever in
the area, I’d be happy to show you what I’m talking about.

Come walk with me.


I am so blessed.

1 comment: