Friday, April 10, 2009

Seeker

I got to spend the other night at a writer's conference. It was amazing. I want to be a writer. My sister told me when I was 8 years old that I would be a writer. We didn't talk intimately much at all like sisters are supposed to, but I remember the day she turned to me and told me that I was going to be a writer. It was such a real moment in my life. It was one day that we connected like sisters are supposed to. That was a long time ago.

So anyway, I got to spend last evening with Sage Cohen. She's amazing and kind and talented. Here's her website: http://www.sagesaidso.com/. She sent me an e-mail earlier encouraging me to write and thanking me for visiting with her. I told you she was kind. Her signature block reads Poet.Writer.Seeker. I like that.

Between the writers in my life already and my online writer's group, I've been learning (relearning) a lot. I can't tell you how much I've forgotten and I love getting this part of my life back. I've dug up old journals. Wow! I used to write. I've always hidden my writing unless it was something silly. But no more. I don't have anything to show you now, but I will.

This is so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your writing.I found your blog through Sage's blog. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete