Sunday, August 9, 2009

Things that made me happy this week

1. Working with Ellen Bass, Sage Cohen, Robert McDowell and Deborah Herman on poetry and writing.

2. Being part of The Grove finance team – that is pretty exciting


3. Driving my new car – it is pretty cool


4. Talking to old friends and meeting new friends – I love people


5. Black-eyed Susans in full bloom. BEAUTIFUL!


6. Having Sage Cohen ask for one of my poems. Wow!


7. Deb – she is a great hugger.


8. Being called a Warrior Moose – you kind of had to be there, but it was funny and endearing and still makes me laugh.
(send me an e-mail if you want to hear the story)

9. M U S I C – especially live blues at the Calapooia


10. Training for the Portland to Coast race. What a wonderful challenge

1 comment:

  1. Linda / Warrior Moose,

    So great to be with you again this weekend! That Mary Oliver quote is one of my absolute favorites.

    And thank you for sharing your beautiful poem. What a treat to listen to a spoken piece...I can feel the weariness...and grief.

    You and your son are a wonderful team!

    Bravo,
    Sage

    ReplyDelete