Friday, September 25, 2009

Closed doors ~ Open windows

I had a change in my life last spring that caused me some pain. A friendship ended and it hurt at first. I felt lonely, disappointed and confused. As the weeks went by I started noticing how I had changed to fit into this friend’s world. To be honest, I didn’t even realize I had done that. Sometimes we need a shake up in our lives to sort out the good from the bad, the things we should keep and the things we need to get rid of fast!


Time has a way of healing hurts. And, as the saying goes, when God closes a door, he opens a window. Well, I’m here to report to you that I’m so glad that door closed even though it hurt at the time. God has not only opened up windows for me, but doors and the sunroof and my heart. I have been blessed with many new friendships in that past several months. These are people that would not have fit into my friend’s world and I would have missed them. I’ve reconnected with many of my high school friends which has been a major blessing (love you guys). I’ve found a circle of marathon friends that encourage me (you all rock). I’m part of a church planting team that has been another major blessing to me (yippee). The break upinspired me to start investing in my writing more and that has opened many doors for me along with many new friendships - What passionate people. None of these things would have happened if that friendship had survived.


Is it weird to want to thank someone for dumping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment