Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good-bye 2009



It really has been a wonderful year for me.  My friends have so enriched my life this past year.  I have made so many new friends thanks to my new church, The Grove.  We’ve worked together to make The Grove happen, and it did.  I’ve also reconnected with many of my high school and college friends.  It has been wonderful to get reacquainted with them all.  It’s almost as if we were never apart.  I’m so glad they are back in my life.  


Some highlights of my past year:


AFRICA – I got to visit my daughter in Namibia for 3 weeks in May.  To see how she lives there, and to watch her teach the kids. . . well, I was in awe.   I will never forget that experience for as long as God allows me to live.


New York – Thanksgiving in New York was amazing.  Daniel and I got to see a Broadway show, then attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade the next day.  It was truly a wonderful experience for me to share with my son, who is my friend.


Writing – I’ve been blessed to attend a few conferences this year and connect with some wonderful writers and find a couple of mentors.  I love having this dimension in my world now.  


Races – I was blessed to race in 3 events this year.  I did the Eugene ½ marathon in May with my friend Jamie.  This summer I was part of an AWESOME team of women competing in the Portland to Coast relay.  That was fun!  Exhausting, but fun.  This fall I competed in Run Like Hell in Portland.  The relay race was exhausting, but Run Like Hell hurt.  I guess that’s why they named it Run Like Hell, go figure.  I will so do it again, though.  What a challenge.


Music – My music world has so opened up this year.  Not only do I have a whole new batch of music friends that I adore, but I started playing my flute again.  It feels great to be able to do that.  


Other things – I got to play softball this summer on a team from work, took dancing lessons at OSU, joined Soroptomist International, got a new dog named Jack,  became a great aunt twice, got a Mustang, and discovered Silver jeans and Moroccan oil (if you don’t know what those are, Google them).


Yes, 2009 has been very good to me, but I’m ready for 2010.  Why, you may ask?  Because I can see the growth and beauty from this past year, and can’t wait to see what wonderful things are in store in 2010.  I so look forward to sharing it with you, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment