Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mary's Peak

Majestic Mary’s Peak fills the
   view in the morning
      on my routine drive to work
a parade of cars stream
   down the rural highway
      the smell of fresh coffee
         oldies on my radio
I come around the bend
   there she stands like she
      was waiting just for me
A ring of clouds rest
   around her shoulders
      like a feathery white boa
         worn by a queen
morning rays shine on her
   peak like a spotlight
      highlighting her beauty
a crescent moon low in
   the westerly sky hangs just
      to her right against a
         dark blue canvas
I imagine hiking to the top
   to see the highway that
      she sees each day
to see the valley floor
   as the sunlight kisses
      the tree tops
to see the hills beyond
   to become one with
      Mary’s Peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment