Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving with my son.

WOW! Let me just start this off with a WOW!

It started Wednesday morning in New Hampshire. Daniel picked me up at the airport and we drove to Ne
w York City. Due to traffic, we got to our hotel late and had to change for the show right away so we had a snack on the run. Walking down Broadway to the theater was memorable. All I could say was “can you believe we are here?” It was surreal. Then we saw The Lion King. Beautiful show! Amazing night!

Thanksgiving morning started early because we wanted to get a good viewing spot for
the parade and we did. The Macy’s Day parade from the corner of 49th and 7th ave is great, in case you ever want to go. And the coffee shop right there rocks! We had so much fun kibitzing with the people around us and talking to the cops.

But Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without making it to the party at Daniel’s home. We got back to his house just in time. His friends are warm and funny, and the house where Daniel lives is very comfortable. And dinner was delicious. Kate and Alec who own the house are wonderful hosts.

Daniel and I spent the next few days shopping, going to movies, working out at the gym (yes, my son’s a gym rat, too), listening to music, eating way too much, touring the beautiful White Mountains, and just playing.

Last night I got to go to his Jiu Jitsu class. I was allowed to participate in part of the class
. It was fun and I learned some basic self defense moves. It was nice watching Daniel spar and grapple with the other people in the class. It reminded me of when he was a wrestler in high school. He was an awesome wrestler.

Daniel is an incredible person. It didn’t really matter what we did, it was amazing. He is such a gentleman, too. He opened my car door, smiled at me across the gym, made sure I had enough blankets, didn’t scold me about drinking too much coffee. . . he is a sweet man, a wonderful son and one of my best friends.

See, I told you WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment